This medicine contains Paracetamol, which belongs to a group of medicines called analgesics, which act to relieve pain and reduce fever. Caffeine helps to increase the pain relief.
How to use:
Adults and children aged 12 years and over:
Swallow 2 tablets every 4 hours as needed.
• Do not take more frequently than every 4 hours.
• Do not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours.
• Do not take more than the recommended dose.
• Do not give to children under 12 years.
• Avoid too much caffeine in drinks like coffee and tea.
High caffeine intake can cause difficulty sleeping, shaking and an uncomfortable
feeling in the chest.
Caution & Warnings:
Do not take Fevadol Extra Tablets:
• If you have ever had an allergic reaction to paracetamol, caffeine or to any of
the other ingredients.
• If you are taking other medicines containing paracetamol.
Ask your doctor before you take this medicine:
• If you have liver or kidney disease, including alcoholic liver disease.
If you are taking other medicines
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking these tablets if you are taking any prescribed medicines; particularly metoclopramide or domperidone (for nausea or vomiting) or colestyramine (to lower blood cholesterol),The speed of absorption of paracetamol may be increased by metoclopramide or domperidone and absorption reduced by colestyramine.
If you take blood thinning drugs (anticoagulants e.g. warfarin) and you need to take a pain reliever on a daily basis, talk to your doctor because of the risk of bleeding. But you can still take occasional doses of Fevadol Extra Tablets at the same time as anticoagulants.
Pregnancy and breast feeding
Paracetamol-caffeine is not recommended for use during pregnancy due to
the possible increased risk of lower birth weight and spontaneous abortion
associated with caffeine consumption.
Caffeine in breast milk may have a stimulating effect on breast fed infants.
Due to the caffeine content of this product it should not be used if you are
pregnant or breast feeding
Each tablet contains 500 mg paracetamol and 65 mg caffeine