- Sodium hyaluronate eye drops act as artificial tears.
- They make dry eyes feel more comfortable.
- They are used to relieve eye dryness and soreness.
- They moisten, soothe and lubricate the surface of your eye, making it feel more comfortable.
Warnings and precautions
To make sure this is the right treatment for you, before you start using the eye drops it is important that your doctor or pharmacist knows:
- If you wear soft contact lenses.
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to a preservative in eye drops.
- Do not use if you have hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients.
Stop using the product and seek immediate medical attention if you develop:
- Throat tightness or swelling of the eyes, face, lips or tongue, feel faint, or have difficulty breathing.
- Stop using the product if you develop hives or itching of the face or body.
How to use Sodium hyaluronate:
- Wash your hands well before you use the drops.
- Remove the cap from the bottle (or the tip of the unit if you are using a single-use unit).
- Tilt your head back a little and pull the lower lid of your eye downwards to form a pocket.
- Hold the bottle (or single-use unit) upside down near to your eye. Try not to touch your eye as you do this.
- Apply enough pressure to release one drop into your eye. Only use a second drop if the first drop missed going into your eye.
- Close your eye for a minute or two, and press gently on the side of your nose where the corner of your eye meets your nose. This helps to stop the drop from draining away and keeps it in your eye.
- Repeat the process in your other eye if you have been told to use the drops in both eyes.
- Replace the cap (or if you are using a single-use dose unit, throw the used unit away).
- SODIUM HYALURONATE-2MG/ML