What Domperidone is used for:
- Domperidone is used to treat nausea and vomiting in adults and adolescents.
Do not take Domperidone:
- If you’re allergic to the active substance or any other component of this medicine.
- If you have a tumor of the pituitary gland (prolactinoma)
- If you have a blockage or tear in your intestines
- If you have black, tarry stools or notice blood in your stools.
- If you have a moderate or severe liver disease.
- If you have a heart problem called prolonged QT interval.
- If you have heart failure.
Warnings and precautions:
- Talk to your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine including:
- If you have liver problems.
- If you have kidney problems.
- This medicine may be associated with an increased risk of heart rhythm problems.
Possible side effects:
- Stop using this product and seek immediate medical help if you develop rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Serious side effects:
- Uncontrolled movements
- Very fast or unusual heartbeat
- Talk to your doctor if you experience these.
- Other medicines and Domperidone
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, including:
- Medicines for HIV
- Medicines that affect your heartbeat
- Medicines for blood pressure
- Medicines for mental health problems
How to take Domperidone :
- This medicine is intended for adults and children aged 12 years and older, who weigh at least 35kg.
- Take as indicated by your doctor.
- Take the tablets 15 to 30 minutes before food.
- The usual dosing is 10 mg (one tablet or 10 mL) 3 times daily.
How to store Domperidone :
- Store at room temperature 68 to 77°F (20 to 25°C).
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the package.
- The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
*Dosage form and route of administration of Domperidone 30 mg suppositories and 1 mg/mL oral suspension should be prescribed according to therapeutic indication and disease severity of each individual patient.