What Cetirizine is and what it is used for
- Cetirizine belongs to a group of drugs called antihistamines.
- These medicines help to relieve the symptoms of some allergies.
- This medicine is used to relieve: symptoms of hay fever and other allergies such as sneezing, runny nose and burning, itchy eyes symptoms of skin allergies such as rash, itching or urticaria (hives).
What you need to know before you use Cetirizine Do not use Cetirizine
Do not use this medicine if :
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to cetirizine hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- You have serious kidney problems
- You have lactose intolerance
Warnings and precautions:
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if you:
- Have renal problem.
- Have epilepsy or are at risk of convulsions.
- Have predisposition factor of urinary retention (e.g. spinal cord lesion or prostatic hyperplasia) as cetirizine increases the risk of urinary retention.
- Avoid alcoholic drink while you are taking this medicine
Other medicines and Cetirizine
- Cetirizine is not expected to interact with other medicines
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines